I love Spellbinders Motif and Accent dies. Did you see how Candy used them to create her own background paper? Or how Linda used the new Vintage Lace Motif dies to emboss and sponge her paper? I wanted to show you how to use a Motif accent die cut to draw your eye to your center image.
Spellbinders™ Paper Arts Supplies:
Cross Promotional Partners:
Sanding block, sewing machine, buttons, embroidery thread, black ink, stamps, small lunch bag, paper cutter
I wanted to add a woven paper background in the center of my Accent die cut. Since I knew the background would be slightly smaller then 2", I cut four different patterns of My Mind's Eye™ paper into 1/4" strips. Next I cut 6" x 6" Scor-Tape sheet wide enough for the third smallest Standard Circles LG to be cut. The adhesive lining was folded down just a little.
I alternated patterns of two different paper patterns and lined the up with the edge of the adhesive strip. Next I threaded one of the other pattern strips through the vertical strips, then the other.
I continued to alternated the patterns and threaded it through the vertical strips. Every time I threaded two strips, I peeld a bit more adhesive lining back and pushed the weaved portion of the papers down. After I ran out of strips to weave, I cut off the access of the horizontal strips and continued to use those until I covered the entire adhesive strip.
A piece of white cardstock was cut and embossed with one of the Asian Accents dies, the woven paper with the third smallest of the Standard Circles LG. The edges of the paper woven circle was sanded.
The second adhesive lining was peeled off the woven circle and it was adhered to the Asian Accents die cut.
The third smallest of the Classic Square SM dies was used to cut and emboss a banner edge on a 5" wide MME paper strip. Black cardstock was cut and embossed with one of the Les Papillions at the same time.
The banner strip was adhered to the left edge of the card base, a 5 1/2" x 7" piece of Kraft cardstock, folded in half. The bottom right corner was rounded and a sentiment was stamped half off the banner strip and half off in black ink. The butterfly was adhered to my woven background circle and the layers were adhered to the card base with SCRAPBOOK ADHESIVES BY 3L™ thin foam square adhesive.
Two buttons were threaded with embroidery thread and adhered to the upper right side of the banner strip to finish off the card.
For my matching bag I cut a 3 1/4" x 7" treat bag down to 3 3/4". The top corners were rounded and two Core'dinations® ColorCore cardstock pieces were cut to size to create a bag front and back. One of the small Blossom Tags and Accents dies was used to cut handles in the bag and bag covers.
Scor-Tape was used to adhere the bag covers to the bag. A 3" long MME paper strip, that had been cut and embossed with a square die into another banner strip, was adhered over the bag front and a sentiment was stamped to the bottom right. I cut and embossed another circle out of my weaved paper strip, sanded it and layered it on a white piece of cardstock, cut with the same Asian Accents die. Foam squares were used to adhere it to the bag front.
Two little buttons finish off the bag.
Thanks so much for stopping by and checking out my projects. I hope it inspired you to use your dies today. Have a wonderful day! Hugs and smiles