Hi Spellbinders fans, I thought I’d share a quick tutorial video on how to make the following cards.
They are really very simple if you have the right Spellbinders tools.
In this case I used two sets of Spellbinders Nestabilities dies. . . Postage Stamps and Hexagons.
Spellbinders™ Paper Arts Supplies:
GC-001 Spellbinders Grand Calibur® Machine
S4-348 Spellbinders Postage Stamps
S4-368 Spellbinders Hexagons
Other: Prima paper, glimmermist spray, texture paste, Tim Holtz Distress ink, thread
Here’s a quick link to a video I’ve created to show you how I made them.
A sped up video to show how the cards above were created.
As you can see this is a sped up version of how I created the cards, but the steps are pretty easy.
1. Spread texture paste on the front of the card.
2. Cut 3 shapes from the same design in matching/contrasting papers (double sided paper is perfect for this type of thing).
3. Stick the 3 shapes together. The largest on the bottom, the smallest on the top. Adhere with a little piece of tape.
4. Fold group of shapes in half.
5. Stitch along the fold line.
6. Spray front of card with glimmermist (or similar). This would be better as step 2 for drying time, but in the video I only just did it here.
7. Adhere group of shapes (embellishment) to the front of your card.
And this is a better look at each card.
In the video you’ll see another 3 examples of the same card, using different Spellbinders dies and papers.
As they say, the creativity of these cards is only left to your imagination and how many Spellbinders dies you have!
I hope you have a great day!
*Editor's Note: Please be sure to stop by the brand new Explore Beyond Blog. We'll be regularly featuring International bloggers from all over the world in our International Flair section! Check it out!