By Loretta Lock
Loretta created this Victorian inspired fall card using a muted colour scheme, and a sentiment that transcends the season. Our Regal Frame die template is the focal point and the sentiment is framed with Victorian Tags die. While this card looks complicated, layering Spellbinders® dies is very easy with spectacular results.
Cross Promotional Partner Products:
Stamped Sentiment; Ivory, Yellow, Orange and Brown Cardstock; Brown Ribbon; Clear, Yellow and Brown Self-Adhesive Gems; Light, Mmedium and Dark Brown Ink
- Cut a 5 x 7” yellow cardstock rectangle and 5 x 7½” yellow cardstock rectangle. Score 5 x 7½” rectangle across the 5” width of paper at ½” down the long side to create a flap. Adhere 5 x 7” cardstock to flap to create a 5 x 7” finished card base.
- Cut the brown cardstock to 6⅞ x 4⅞” and patterned paper to 6¾” x 4¾”. Sponge edges using dark brown ink.
- Cut/emboss yellow cardstock with Regal Frame Frame Die and lightly sponge leaf tips using a combination of light and medium brown inks. Weave ribbon through cardstock as shown.
- Cut orange cardstock in 5⅝ x 4⅜”.
- Cut/emboss brown cardstock with Regal Frame Border Die.
- Using the inside of Regal Frame Border Die as a guide, trace on to the patterned paper and hand cut the shape, Sponge edges using dark brown ink.
- Cut/emboss four times each with ivory and orange cardstock, using Regal Frame Corner Die. Lightly sponge tips using light and medium brown inks.
- Stamp the sentiment on ivory cardstock and position Victorian Tags Insert Die #3 ( the smallest size is #1) on top of the stamped sentiment for easy placement. While the paper is in the die template, lightly sponge using light and medium brown inks.
- Cut/emboss brown cardstock with Victorian Tags Die #3
- Assemble layers using dimensional adhesive foam as shown. Add self-adhesive gems and the bow.
There are many more lovely examples of layering and other beautiful techniques in the idea gallery. Go visit Spellbinders Idea Gallery and be inspired!
If you're interested in these sets and many more stunning dies, check out our Store – open 24/7!
We are so excited to introduce our new Victorian collection.
October 22 - November 16, when one of our designers features the Victorian collection in her blog post,
you will have an opportunity to win the featured die template!
Enter to win today's Giveaway: Victorian Inspiration