Fun Circles Tag Card by Richard Garay
Oh my! What an amazing time I am having sharing project after project with you all. A huge and special thank you to all who have commented and shared these projects with your friends and family! I sure hope you are enjoying the Celebration and I especially hope that you have been inspired in some way to go out and create.
This project is one of my favorites! I love the idea of playing with basic shapes and this project is all about that. The circles used in the various ways create a fun and interesting project. I used the same coordinating cord elements to wrap around the circles to give my project that extra pop and texture. I also used the printed stock from the Celebra’tions line to create my card base and bring some of that color to life.
The banner stamp was stamped twice then cut to create this fun look and embellishment. I would perosnaly love to receive such an fun card. I would showcase it on my mantel or desk.
Here are the detailed instructions to re-creating this project. If you do make the time to recreate please share that with me. I would love to see your creations coming to life as you celebrate the people in your life.
Whirl White Cardstock (SCP-013) Odacious Orange Ink (SCI-010)
Captivating Coral Cardstock (SCP-003) Pixie Play Ink Pad (SCI-005)
Cool Caribbean Cardstock (SCP-002) Pretty Plum Ink (SCI-008)
Pixie Play Cardstock (SCP-008) Pierced Circles Die (SCD-009)
Celebra’tions Prints (SCP-016) Fun Tags Stamp (SCS-007)
Captivating Coral Ink (SCI-012) Tape It Stamp (SCS-006)
Cool Caribbean Ink (SCI-003) Celebra’tions Linen Thread (SCT-001)
Cross Promotional Products:
Scrapbook Adhesives by 3L Foam Squares
- Cut the 8 ½" x 11" Whirl White cardstock to 5 ½" x 11" and fold for the card base
- Cut the Celebra’tions Prints to 5 1/8" x 5 1/8"
- Cut a piece of Pixie Play, Captivating Coral, Cool Caribbean & Whirl White Cardstock to 3" x 3"
- From the Tape It stamp set using the chevron image, stamp about three times with Pixie Play ink onto the Pixie Play 3" x 3" cardstock.
- From the Tape It stamp set using the cloud image, stamp with Captivating Coral ink onto the Captivating Coral 3" x 3" cardstock.
- From the Tape It stamp set using the stich image, stamp with Cool Caribbean ink onto the Cool Caribbean 3" x 3" cardstock
- From the Fun Tags stamp set, using the tag with banners, stamp twice on a piece of Whirl White cardstock in Totally Tangerine ink and in Pretty Plum ink. (clean stamp in between changing colors)
- Only cut out the front banners.
- Take the 3" x 3" Pixie Play, Captivating Coral and Cool Caribbean cardstock and using the small circle die, place on top of the stamped image, one at a time and run through the machine to cut.
- Take the 3" x 3" Whirl White cardstock and using the small circle with the pierced element, place on top and run through machine to cut and pierce.
- Adhere the printed cardstock onto the Whirl White card base.
- Wrap the linen thread around each circle with its coordinating color four times. The Pixie Play you will make a knot on the back, the Captivating Coral you will tie a knot in the front, and the Cool Caribbean you will tie a bow in the front.
- Adhere the Totally Tangerine and Perfect Plum cut out banners on top of the Whirl White Circle.
- Using the “Best Day Ever” greeting, stamp on the Whirl White circle with Cool Caribbean ink towards the bottom of the banners.
- Using foam squares adhere the Pixie Play, Captivating Coral, Cool Caribbean and Whirl White circle on to the card.
- Add some rhinestones on the Whirl White Circle next to the greeting to bling it out.
P.S. We're choosing weekly winners of our fabulous new products!
Week 2's winner will be announced, during Stacey Caron's "Stacey Shares" post next Friday.
**For a chance to be Week 2's winner of Celebra'tions products,
complete this entry form: Celebra'tions Giveaway - Fun Circle Tag Card**
Note: the entry for this weekend post will be open for 48 hours
Celebrate your creativity!
How to play: There will be a new entry form on each post from 6/24 to 7/11 (except Fridays). The entry form will be open for 24 hours. Entries open 3am EST each day and close at 2:55am EST the following day. Enter to win one time each day. Duplicate entries will be deleted. We will choose a weekly winner to receive an assortment of the new products featured that week. Good luck!