by Julia Stainton
I love all the warm and wonderful textures of fall. It's easy to create a beautiful fall themed card using dies that can be used throughout the year. Simply add in warm colors and textures and you have an instant fall design. This card measures 4½ x 6”.
Cross Promotional Partner Products:
Wood Paper; Paper Flowers; Twine; Wood Leaf Accent; Fabric Leaves; Teal and Brown Felt; Pearl Flower Sticker; Leaf Pins; Marigold Ink
- Fold 8½ x 11" cardstock in half and crease fold.
- Place Heirloom Oval Die #4 (the smallest size die is #1) over fold so that the top of the die does not cut the card but rather, forms a hinge. Secure die in place with washi tape and cut using the Grand Calibur machine.
- Cut/emboss Heirloom Oval Die #3 with teal felt. Adhere to card front using liquid adhesive.
- Cut/emboss Heirloom Oval Die #2, using wood paper. Layer onto card center with adhesive.
- Cut/emboss Tweets Solid Bird Die with brown felt.
- Adhere leaves, flowers and wood embellishments. Then adhere the brown bird die cut.
- Ink white flowers with marigold ink. Tie twine into a bow and adhere.
Die cutting with wood, felt and other textures is a simple way to add interest. Gives that WOW factor to your designs.
I love how easily Spellbinders die templates cut a wide variety of materials.
Hope you give it a try. Thanks for stopping by!
We are so excited to introduce our new Victorian collection.
October 22 - November 16, when one of our designers features the Victorian collection in her blog post,
you will have an opportunity to win the featured die template!
Enter to win today's Giveaway: Heirloom Oval