Featured Tutorials: Intermediate
Giving gift cards to new teachers to start off a new academic year would be a welcome surprise. It will surely make their day! Teresa created this cute flower and turtle card that fits perfectly inside the clear box to give to the teacher. Slide a gift card under the tag and flower on the card front and write your message on the inside. The beautiful bright colors of paper, flowers and ink combines for a happy look!
Just For You Gift Card Holder by Teresa Horner
- SCD-007 Pierced Ovals
- SCS-005 Your Day
- SCSD-008 Just Because
- SCF-001 Framed Canvas
- SCP-017 Celebra'tions™ Assorted Solids (12 x 12")
- SCI-001 Berry Black
- SCI-009 Lovely Lavender
- SCT-Celebra'tions Linen Thread
- GC-001 Spellbinders® Grand Calibur® Die Cutting and Embossing Machine
- GC-003 Grand Raspberry Plate
- Scrapbook Adhesives by 3L® - 3D Foam Squares
- Clear Acetate Box
- Paper Trimmer
- Low Tack Tape
- Cut a white card that measures 4¾ x 6”.
- Place a piece of 4¼ x 5½” Delightful Daisy cardstock in the Framed Canvas embossing folder, using the Raspberry Plate and the Grand Calibur Machine. Mat with a piece of 4 3/8 x 5 5/8” Whirl White cardstock. Adhere to card.
- For the flowers, stamp Flower 1 and Flower 2 images with Lovely Lavender ink on Whirl White cardstock. Then stamp Flower 1 and Flower 2 images with Lovely Lavender ink on Lovely Lavender cardstock. Place the coordinating dies over the images by securing them with low tack tape in the Grand Calibur Machine to cut and emboss. Cut out Flower Centers using Delightful Daisy cardstock circles for each to match. Assemble flowers together, arrange on card and adhere.
- Nest Pierced Ovals Dies # 1 and #2 (the smallest die is Die #1) on top of Whirl White cardstock to cut and emboss with the Grand Calibur Machine. Adhere to the bottom of card front.
- Stamp the turtle image from Your Day stamp set in Berry Black ink. Color and fussy cut the image. Adhere to card with 3D Foam Square for dimension.
- Stamp “Just For You” from Your Day set in Lovely Lavender ink on Whirl White cardstock. Cut ribbon tails on both ends. Adhere at the bottom.
- Tie a small bow with Luscious Green Linen Thread. Tuck behind the flowers on the upper left corner with glue.
Click here to download instructions.
If you LOVED this, take it to the next level and try a more advanced project!