Featured Tutorials: Intermediate
AJ created a custom background pattern using the Chevron Border as a guide to create a wonderful design. Such a clever and versatile way to use your die template!
Just a Note Card by AJ Otto
- S2-135 Conversation Bubble 1
- S2-141 Sentiments 5
- S4-455 Chevron Border
- GC-001 Spellbinders® Grand Calibur® Die Cutting and Embossing Machine
- May Arts: Twine
- Scrapbook Adhesives by 3L®: Dodz™, Crafty Foam Tape and 3D Foam Squares
- WorldWin Papers: White Cardstock
- Red Cardstock
- Yellow Cardstock
- Blue Cardstock
- Silver Ink
- Create a top folding card from blue cardstock measuring 11 x 4¼”.
- Trim white cardstock to 5¼ x 4”.
- Cut/emboss Chevron Border die with a piece of blue cardstock, using the Grand Calibur Machine. Repeat twice.
- Repeat Step 3 with a piece of yellow cardstock using Chevron Border die.
- Cut/emboss Conversation Bubble 1 Die #3 (the smallest die size is Die #1) from white cardstock and Sentiments 5 “Just a Note” die from red cardstock.
- Using the Chevron Border die as a guide, lay it onto the white cardstock and adhere the negative pieces back inside the border. Randomly adhering yellow chevron shapes. Move the border die cut over and repeat until the cardstock is covered.
- Splatter ink across the front and adhere to the card using Crafty Foam Tape.
- Adhere twine circles to card front using Dodz™.
- Adhere “Just a Note” die cut to Conversation Bubble 1 die cut, then to the card front using 3D Foam Squares.
Click here to download instructions.
If you LOVED this, take it to the next level and try a more advanced project!