Featured Tutorials: Intermediate
For this gift card box, Teresa used a clear acetate box by creating a wrap for it with beautiful patterned papers. The top piece is one of the printed cards on the paper to frame with the Heirloom Rectangle die. She cut apart the Royal Love Strip die cut and used the heart to make a rose collage in the corner for a more lacy and feminine look. Details in the dies make this gift so beautiful – try this for your next gift giving occasion for that WOW! factor.
For You Baby Gift Card Box by Teresa Horner
- S4-438 Royal Love
- S5-086 Bitty Blossoms
- S6-016 Heirloom Rectangle
- GC-001 Spellbinders® Grand Calibur® Die Cutting and Embossing Machine
- Graphic 45®: Baby 2 Bride Collection (Lullaby and Birdy Baby Blues Patterned Papers)
- SCRAPBOOK ADHESIVES BY 3L®: 3D Foam Squares and E-Z Runner® Permanent Strips
- WorldWin Papers®: Colormates® Smooth Cardstock (Ivory)
- 4½ x 6” Clear Acetate Box
- Liquid Adhesive
- Glue Spots
- Paper Trimmer
- Tiny Self-Adhesive Pearls
- ¼” Double-Sided Tape
- 12 x 12 Scoring Board
- Ivory Seam Binding Ribbon
- Cut a piece of mint/rose patterned paper 6 x 12” and wrap it around the box, crease and adhere. Cut the lullaby frame to match the size and adhere on the top of the box.
- Nest Heirloom Rectangles Die #3 & #4 (smallest die size is #1), secure with low tack tape on to the ivory cardstock and cut/emboss in the Grand Calibur® Machine. Adhere the die cut to the top of the box.
- Cut/emboss Royal Love Strip Die and trim off the filigree on each side. Lay the heart on a small piece of ivory cardstock and hand cut around it to make a base. Adhere together and then place the swirls pieces under the heart. Adhere all to the box with 3D Foam Squares for dimension.
- Cut/emboss 3 small roses from Bitty Blossom Flower SM Die, roll and glue. Let dry and curl the top edges of the petals. Add ivory ribbon bow on top left with glue spots. Arrange roses and swirls as desired.
- Fussy cut “For You” words from the printed cardstock and adhere on the top. Create the matching card by cutting out the tag and adhering on an ivory card. Tie a ribbon around the bottom for a beautiful gift to give at your next baby shower.
Click here to download instructions.
If you LOVED this, take it to the next level and try a more advanced project!